- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 879.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 589.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 589.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 149.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/rubyhal2/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
Ruby Hall Clinic: Pune’s First Nationally Accredited Hospital
Ruby Hall Clinic had a humble beginning when the founder chairman Dr. K.B. Grant, an eminent cardiologist himself, started a small nursing home in 1959 in the bungalow Ruby Hall, owned by General David Sassoon at the present location of the hospital with just two beds. In 1966 it was converted from a private institution to a public charitable trust – Poona Medical Foundation. It was later converted to the Grant Medical Foundation in 2000. Today Ruby Hall Clinic boasts of 550 inpatient beds including 130 intensive care beds; with staff strength of 150 consultants, 500 panel doctors and 1400 paramedical staff.
Contributions to Pune City
Ruby Hall Clinic has many distinctions in its half a century existence. It was the first hospital to introduce Intensive Care and Coronary Care Units in 1969. Pune’s first kidney transplant as well as first test tube baby happened in this hospital. It also started cobalt therapy for cancer treatment and MRI/CT scan facilities and the Air Ambulance for the first time. Last year the hospital has brought the most advanced Imaging technology – Positron Emission Tomography to Pune. The hospital currently has three Cardiac Cath Labs and two Linear Accelerators.
Medical Education and International Affiliations
The hospital is a recognized center for DNB courses in various super specialties. Besides this, the hospital is affiliated with University of Seychelles and American Institute of Medicine for undergraduate medical studies & West Midlands Ambulance services of U.K. for Diploma in Emergency Management & Trauma care. The hospital also conducts various clinical research programs. A nursing college, the Tehmi Grant Institute of Nursing Education, was started in the year 1999, which offers Graduate & Post Graduate nursing training under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. The college also conducts post graduate diploma in Critical Care Nursing and is the program center for Post Basic B.Sc. (N) by IGNOU.
Being a charitable trust hospital; medical care for the underprivileged has always been a priority of the management. In the last financial year over Rs. 6 crores has been spent in free treatment. The hospital conducts free camps in the far-flung areas of Maharashtra in order to benefit the rural population.