Pain Management & Palliative Care
Our goal is to optimize pain control and improve the quality of life for our patients. We are dedicated to evaluation, diagnosis and application of interventional techniques for the treatment of patients suffering from Chronic and Cancer pain.
Pain associated with osteoporosis and vertebral compression fractures
- Epidural Steroid Injections – For radicular pain in legs
- Therapeutic Peripheral Nerve Injections
- Intercostal Nerve Block
- Lumbar Sympathetic Ganglion Injections - used for complex regional pain syndrome in the legs.
- Spinal Facet Joint Injections - performed for neck or lower back pain
- Celiac Plexus & Hypo gastric plexus Blocks - performed for the treatment of abdominal pain, most often due to cancer or chronic pancreatitis.
- Stellate Ganglion Block (Cervical Spine) - for certain pain syndrome affecting the upper extremities.
- Trigger Point Injections - performed for myofascial pain, Spinal Cord Stimulation (Neuroaugmentation) - A surgically placed electronic device in the patient's back which emits small amounts of electrical stimulation. The electrical impulses act to alleviate pain.
- Ganglion of Impar Block
- Trigeminal Rhyzotomy – For facial pain
- Selective Nerve Root Injections - used to localize pain from a specific nerve in the spine
Advanced Pain Management Therapies
Radiofrequency ablation –Targeted heat destruction of a nerve to alleviate pain. These procedures are most commonly performed on paravertebral facet joint nerves (cervical, thoracic, lumbar or sacral).
Intrathecal Morphine Pump Implant – For management of severe intractable pain. Reduces dose of Morphine drastically. The battery has prolonged life. Patient can go anywhere in the world between refills once in months.
Spinal Cord Stimulation (Neuroaugmentation) –Based on Gate –control theory. A surgically placed electronic device in the patient's back which emits small amounts of electrical stimulation.The electrical impulses act to alleviate pain. For intractable neuropathic pain and peripheral vascular disease.