The laboratory has state of the art equipment and functions 24hrs a day 7 days a week. The laboratory at Ruby Hall Clinic is accredited by the NABL Board, Govt. of India. It processes about 5000 samples a day. It has a staff of 60 personnel, who are highly skilled and well trained. There are four pathologists one microbiologist and four resident doctors, all of who are well experienced and trained from most reputed medical centres in the country.
All the sub sections of the lab are fully automated and follow stringent quality control measures. Daily internal controls are run several times a day to ensure quality of results, and the laboratory participates in External quality control programs as well.
The lab provides blood collection facility at the home for people who are immobile, or unable to come to the hospital for some reason, such as the elderly.
The lab out- patient dept and collection center is situated on the ground floor of the main hospital, and is open to walk- in patients.
Free consultation and counseling is provided by the pathologists between 9am & 6pm for discussion of the lab tests.
The following are some of the Routine Lab Tests available to name a few out of a total of 500 Tests :
- CBC / Haemogram
- Blood sugar
- Liver Function Tests (LFT)
- Kidney Function Tests
The following profile tests are available in the lab besides the routine lab tests :
- Anemia profile
- Lipid Profile
- Cardiac risk assessment profile
- Renal (kidney) profile
- Obesity work up
- Diabetic profile
- Tests for Stroke
- Thalassemia work up
- Bleeding disorders
- Allergy profile
- Antenatal check up & risk assessment for pregnant Women
- Screening tests for newborns for inborn errors of metabolic disorders, Liver function tests with detailed work up
- Pre operative work up
- Cancer screening tests (including PAP smear)
- Tumor markers for specific malignancies Infertility profile
- Thyroid profile
- Tests for Osteoporosis
- Confidential testing with counseling for HIV and other S.T.D.
- Drugs of Abuse
- Heavy metals such as Lead, and Mercury.
- Rapid, reliable & complete work up of Tuberculosis tests using state of the art technology for identifications, 1st line & 2nd line drug sensitivity testing
- Blood Cultures with reference to NCCLS guidelines
Tests for Various Infectious Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Hepatitis markers
Molecular Biology Tests: PCR for
- TB – DNA and RNA
- HIV Viral Load
- Hepatitis B Viral Load
- HLA Tissue Typing for transplants
- Routine biopsies for Cancer diagnosis
- Special stains for diagnosing different disease conditions
- Immunofluorescence tests
- Immunohistochemistry for typing of different cancers
- Molecular pathology viz. BCR ABL for leukemia
- PAP smear examination
We offer 2nd opinion/review on slides for biopsies done outside.