Vascular Surgery has been an established subspecialty for more than 15 to 20 years. In Pune, we have been practising exclusive vascular surgical procedures since 1998.
As we move into the 10th year it is time, we form a complete Department of Vascular Surgery.Over the last few years more & more endovascular procedures are taking place worldwide to treat vascular diseases. With this in view, we at Ruby Hall Clinic have formed a team to offer integrated approach to treat vascular diseases. This would be the first of its kind in Maharashtra, where every form of vascular problem would be addressed and treated by a vascular surgeon and vascular interventionist to offer the best modalities of therapy be it surgery or endovascular therapy.
The department is also recognized for conducting various international clinical trials under GCP guidelines.
All in all we at Ruby Hall Clinic will offer a ONE STOP Solution to patients with vascular diseases, by experts in the field for more than 10 years.
This department caters to patients with arterial and venous pathologies of body other than heart and brain, also called as peripheral vascular diseases. These involve common conditions like arterial blockages resulting in gangrene of limbs / toes, strokes, Deep venous thrombosis, renal vascular hypertensions, aneurysms etc.
Diagnosis of PVD is helped by peripheral and hand held bed side doppler machine, state of the art cath labs which also are used for Angiography + DSA and interventional vascular procedure like angioplasty, stents and stent graft insertion, thrombolysis, suction thrombectomy and embolisation.
Majority of the patients with PVD need surgical correction. Surgeries like peripheral bypass, embolectomies, carotid endarteriotomies for prevention of strokes etc. are routinely performed. The department has performed 550 surgeries in last three years with comparable results world wide. Post operative course of these patients are monitored in cardiac recovery which is equipped with monitors, ventilators and well trained sisters and anaesthetists.
- CV Profiler which measures ABPI & arterial wall stiffness which is a simple, non invasive way of diagnosing PVD.
- Peripheral Colour Doppler
- 40 - slice CT angiography
- 1.5 Tesla Philips MR Angiography (whole body)
- 2 flat panel Cath Labs, to perform diagnostic Angiorams, DSA and Endovascular procedures
- Intra arterial and intra venous thrombolysis, Balloon Angioplasty, Stenting & insertion of stent grafts of different peripheral arteries and veins.
- The other procedures, which are routinely performed, are insertion of IVC filters, embolisation of bleeding vessels etc.
- So far we have performed around 2000 peripheral endovascular procedures
- Ruby Hall Clinic has 4 cardiac operation theatres where all kinds of peripheral vascular surgeries are done, namely Thromboembolectomy, vascular bypass using synthetic grafts or veins carotid endarterectomy, aneurysm replacements & venous surgeries as well as vascular trauma cases.
- So far we have performed more than 1700 vascular procedures with world standard comparable results due to expertise in surgical skills and excellent perioperative care by expert anaesthetists & nursing staff.
- Clot Clinic
- Vein Clinic
- Diabetic Foot Salvage Clinic
- Pad Screening Clinic
- Stroke Prevention Clinic
Which patients would benefit
- All patients with DM / HT / IHD / smokers / hypertension for PAD Screening
- Limb Claudication / Leg pains
- Gangrene for limb salvage
- Diabetic foot, diabetic non-healing wounds
- Diabetic gangrene
- Varicose veins
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Patients of Stroke, TIA's, temporary blindness
- Renal hypertension
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysms for patients older than 60 years
- Upper limb Ischemias
- Leg swelling
- Patients who have family history of thrombosis.