Ruby Hall Pathology Laboratory
Explore Our Pathology Laboratory
“Patient Care, Patient Safety, Patient Satisfaction” and “Quality” in all their processes are at the helm of the affairs at the Laboratory – Ruby Hall Clinic.
The laboratory is headed by Dr. Anjali Kelkar, with a team of Consultant Pathologists, Microbiologists, Biochemists and Resident doctors. The doctors are well qualified and have expertise with trainings and work experience at national and international level. There are eighty technical, administrative and support staff.
The lab is NABL accredited, equipped with state of the art ‘Total Lab Automation’ and functions 24x7. We have a test menu of over 500 tests and profiles and process over 3500 tests per day.
Quality control systems are well implemented in the lab, including stringent internal quality control and participation in external quality assurance programs. The laboratory has a structured teaching programme for post-graduation in Pathology and trains students for DNB in Pathology.
Our behaviour is agile, customer focused, transparent, performance oriented and the staff is united as one team.
Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Collaboration and Leadership are our values.
- Our vision is ‘Empowering better health with diagnostic insights’
- Our three goals are:
- A healthier world
- To Build value
- Creating an inspiring workplace
Out-patient dept & collection center: Situated on the ground floor of the main hospital, and is open to walk- in patients. Free consultation & counselling is provided by the pathologists between 9am & 6pm for discussion of lab tests.
"Healthcare Update 2023 CME "
on Sunday, 10th Sep 2023 Time: 08:30 am to 01:30 pm. organised by Department of Pathology, Ruby Hall Clinic.
Venue: Dr. R. S. Wadia Auditorium, 5th Floor, Cancer Building, Ruby Hall Clinic, 40 Sassoon Road, Pune 411001
Applied for MMC Points.Register here
Kindly contact us for any further assistance: 9373905033 / 8784418760
Some of the routinely done tests are:
- CBC/Haemogram, Blood sugar, Renal function tests/ Liver function tests, Lipid profile, Urine, Stool, Semen and Body Fluid examination, Hormone tests including Thyroid function tests, Cancer markers, Cardiac markers, Vitamin B12,Vitamin D, Tests for Thalassemia, Microbial Culture and Sensitivity testing, FNAC, Pap smear, Biopsy reporting. All tests for Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Dengue and H1N1 are performed.
- Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence and molecular pathology tests are done for biopsies - skin and kidney biopsies and various cancers.
- Many profiles are tested, to name a few: Anaemia profile, Autoimmune profile, Cardiac profile (Heart risk test), Thrombophilia profile, PUO (Fever profile), Pneumonia profile, Tests for pregnancy/ infertility, Arthritis profile, Stroke profile, Thalassemia profile, Lipid profile, Transplant profile, Leukaemia profile
- The lab also does tests for Organ transplantation, which includes HLA- Tissue typing, Cross-match and PRA test for Kidney, Liver, Heart and Bone Marrow transplants.
- Bone marrow examination (Aspiration and Trephine biopsy procedure is done by our pathologists, also available on OPD basis.
- We provide sample collection facility at the home, which can be booked by using our ‘App’ or website.
One has to experience the service to speak of it. Do give us an opportunity to serve you!
Following are some of the Routine Lab Tests available:
- Haemogram / CBC
- Blood sugar
- Liver Function Tests (LFT)
- Kidney Function Tests
Following are the available Profile tests
- Anaemia profile
- Lipid Profile
- Cardiac risk assessment profile
- Renal (kidney) profile
- Obesity work up
- Diabetic profile
- Tests for Stroke
- Thalassemia work up
- Bleeding disorders
- Allergy profile
- Antenatal check-up & risk assessment for pregnant Women
- Screening tests for new-borns for inborn errors of metabolic disorders, Liver function tests with detailed work up
- Pre operative work up
- Cancer screening tests (including PAP smear)
- Tumour markers for specific malignancies
- Infertility profile
- Thyroid profile
- Tests for Osteoporosis
- Confidential testing with counselling for HIV and other S.T.D.
- Myeloma workup
- Drugs of Abuse
- Heavy metals such as Lead, and Mercury.
- Rapid, reliable & complete work up of Tuberculosis tests using state of the art technology for identification,
- 1st line & 2nd line drug sensitivity testing for T.B. in 4 days
- Blood Cultures with reference to NCCLS guidelines
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone for POCD
- Atypical Pneumonia Test by Immunofluorescence – detects 5 bacteria & 5 viruses in blood
- Immunofixation electrophoresis
- Bone marrow Examination
Tests for Various Infectious Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Hepatitis markers
Molecular Biology Tests: PCR for
- TB – DNA and RNA
- HIV Viral Load
- Hepatitis B Viral Load
- Hepatitis C Viral Load
- CMV Viral Load
- HPV Screening on Vaginal swabs
- HLA Tissue Typing for transplants
- Routine biopsies for Cancer diagnosis
- Special stains for diagnosing different disease conditions
- Immunofluorescence tests
- Immunohistochemistry for typing of different cancers
- Molecular pathology viz. BCR ABL for Leukemias
- PAP smear examination